CURRENT JOB OPENING: Staff Accountant
Secure Data Technologies has an immediate opening on the Operations team. The Staff Accountant will interact directly with suppliers, customers, and Secure Data employees. You will be responsible for the complete and accurate processing and recording of a variety of business transactions in a fast-paced, technical, and constantly evolving environment. You will work with a team to solve customer-impacting challenges with a goal of maximizing customer experience, while maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial information in Secure Data’s general ledger and supporting systems. We are looking for a self-starter who can apply accounting skills to solve business problems and positively impact profitability.
Intellectual curiosity. This is paramount. People who require strict work boundaries and/or prefer to focus on single transaction cycle or single area of specialization would not be suited for this role.
We are looking for someone with passion who loves a challenge. This person has strong accounting instincts and can apply knowledge and principles in a variety of business settings.
Strong accounting skills with the ability to understand and tell the business stories behind the numbers.
Ability to see the bigger picture. This person will understand how a variety of internal and external teams and systems work together and will apply that knowledge to successfully process transactions.
Excellent communication skills. This person is an active listener and a fully engaged communicator. They will proactively engage in identifying and solving potential problems.
Comfortable with uncertainty (and the certainty of change). This person can anticipate change and is willing to embrace uncertainty, confidently knowing that they can be patient and adapt.
Execution orientated. This person has a strong sense of initiative and can define their path forward from a high-level vision.
- Complete and accurate processing of supplier product bills
- Complete and accurate processing of customer product invoices, including strategies to maximize collectibility
- Complete and accurate recording and payment of operating bills
- Oversight and review of product orders placed by other team members
- Oversight and review of services invoicing, including emphasis on complete and accurate invoices for all services
- Complete and accurate processing of sales commissions and other incentive compensation
- Periodic reconciliation of accounts payable subledgers to vendor records
- Complete and accurate processing of company credit card transactions to the general ledger (or oversight thereof)
- Monthly reconciliation of credit card statements to the general ledger
- Track, record, and document all employee expense transactions via expense reporting
- Accurate processing of sales tax, and accurate monthly submission of sales tax returns in a multi-state sales tax environment
- 90-day objective to transition to a paperless process, including document retention practices
- Maintenance and/or re-design of filing systems and document retention practices
- Maintenance and/or re-design of account payable and accounts receivable processes
- Accurate classification of all transactions to the Company general ledger
- Track and accurately invoice and account for the Company’s growing MRR portfolio, including recurring product
- Work daily with your manager, teammates, and all company departments to improve process and profitability
- Continually associates on expense reporting policies and requirements to achieve policy compliance
- Assist with month-end close, year-end close, and financial reporting obligations of the Company
- Assist with Cisco and other OEM rebates and marketing programs to drive profitability
- Assist Controller with deploying financial strategies and objectives throughout the organization
- Work with, understand, and maintain secrecy of HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL financial data
- Assist with management reporting, including KPIs, dashboards, operating effectiveness ratios
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting to all company departments
- Authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future to work.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships outside and within the organization.
- Ability to complete tasks in both a professional and timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
Experience with the following systems:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Cisco Webex
EDUCATION/VOCATIONAL/PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent experience
- Minimum one of year of professional experience
ABOUT SECURE DATA
Secure Data Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.