TIER 1 SUPPORT ENGINEER
CURRENT OPENING: GLOBAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT – Tier 1 Support Engineer
Secure Data Technologies has an immediate opening on the Global Operations Support team. The Tier 1 Engineer is responsible for interacting directly with customers and Secure Data employees. You will be responsible for troubleshooting, modifying, and implementing elements of technology to solve business problems. You will work with a team to monitor, research, and investigate technology and assist with the stability of different technology platforms. We are looking for a self-starter that will maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards.
As a member of the Global Operations Service Center team, you will be responsible for the 24×7 monitoring of the Secure Data platform. Your primary responsibility will focus on troubleshooting and providing solutions for all technical issues identified in our systems. You will focus on ensuring each platform, product, and service meets the needs of our customers and operational teams. You will work closely with your teammates to monitor, research, and investigate enterprise services.
This position will have a 24×7 on call rotation.
- Intellectual curiosity. This is paramount. People who require strict work boundaries and/or prefer to focus within a single technical domain would not be suited for this role.
- We are looking for someone with passion who loves a challenge. This person has strong engineering instincts and can sense risks while navigating towards solutions.
- Ability to see the bigger picture. This person will understand the connections among all elements of a monitored solution. They will direct actions to ensure maximum client availability.
- Excellent communication skills. This person is an active listener and a fully engaged communicator. They will engage in projects and not wait for questions to be packaged up and delivered – but will actively participate in the projects assigned.
- Comfortable with uncertainty (and the certainty of change). This person can anticipate change and is willing to embrace uncertainty, confidently knowing that they can be patient and adapt.
- Execution orientated. This person has a strong sense of initiative and can define their path forward from a high-level vision.
- Authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future to work
- Experience managing supported Networks, Windows server Operating Systems and associated technologies
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation and perform night and weekend maintenance as necessary
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or support cases simultaneously
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships outside and within the organization
- Ability to complete tasks in both a professional and timely manner with minimal supervision
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written
Knowledge of the following systems:
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- VMware vSphere
- Data Center
- Server Hardware
- Network Design
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Exchange Server
- Active Directory and Services
- Cisco Security Products
- Palo Alto
- Unified Communications
- Cisco Unified Communications Products
- Cisco APs and Wireless LAN Controllers
- Meraki Access Points
- Experience with enterprise class network management/monitoring systems is a plus
EDUCATION/VOCATIONAL/PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Associate degree, or equivalent experience
- Associate level certification(s), or equivalent experience
ABOUT SECURE DATA
Secure Data Technologies offers excellent compensation and benefits packages commensurate with the skills and experience this position requires. If you’re interested in improving and exceeding your professional and financial career goals, and want to work with some of the industry’s best, contact us about joining our team.
Secure Data Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.