TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER – STL
CURRENT OPENING: TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER, ST. LOUIS, MO
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for interacting directly with customers, and in certain cases their end users, while performing troubleshooting actions. The Technical Support Engineer is an integral part of the 24/7 environment of Secure Data’s Support team. They are responsible for troubleshooting and providing solutions for all technical issues related to Secure Data’s deployed software and hardware. These individuals must be great communicators and be able to translate their knowledge into actionable direction. When they don’t have an answer, they must know how to research the problems and come up with solutions.
- Receive and create initial contact with customers and end users via phone and support desk systems
- Document customer interaction, troubleshooting, and results in a clear and concise manner
- Develop technical solutions related to software and implementation errors for field/project engineers, technicians, and customers
- Analyze, test, and modify customer and end user customer’s systems based upon their unique design specifications and/or environment
- Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Independently provide and implement solutions based on customer and end user needs
- Create workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion
- Escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal and external resources
- Interact with internal end users to provide support via phone and support desk systems
- Candidates must be willing to be on call (in rotation with other team members) including night and weekends to support customer environments after hours. Night and weekend work will occur
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Clear understanding of Virtualized environments with VMware and Hyper-V.
- Data Center knowledge (advanced data center networking technologies and solutions including Nexus series data center switches)
- Networking experience including network design principles, data flow determination, routing, switching, VLANs, IP addressing, spanning-tree, etc
- Understanding of Unified Communications
- Experience working with Microsoft technologies including; SQL/Windows/Exchange Server, Active Directory, IIS
- Cisco Security experience (ASA, SourceFire, Duo, ISE, etc)
- Familiarity with both lightweight and autonomous AP configuration and WLC experience a plus
- Experience with enterprise class network management/monitoring systems is a plus (Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, Opsware, HP Openview, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or support cases simultaneously
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships inside and outside the organization
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to complete tasks in both a professional and timely manner with minimal supervision
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associate degree, or equivalent experience, is preferred
- Associate level certification(s), or equivalent experience, is preferred
ABOUT SECURE DATA
Secure Data Technologies offers excellent compensation and benefits packages commensurate with the skills and experience this position requires. If you’re interested in improving and exceeding your professional and financial career goals, and want to work with some of the industry’s best, contact us about joining our team.
Secure Data Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.