CURRENT JOB OPENING: Senior Engineer
As a member of the Engineering Delivery Services team, you will be responsible for guiding our customers in the latest design concepts, implementation, and operationalization of IT systems. You will focus on ensuring each platform, product, and service meet the needs of our external and internal client teams. You will work closely with your teammates to research, design, lab, and implement enterprise IT systems and services.
This position may have a 24×7 on call rotation.
- Intellectual curiosity. This is paramount. People who require strict work boundaries and/or prefer to focus within a single technical domain would not be suited for this role.
- We are looking for someone with passion who loves a challenge. This person has strong engineering instincts and can sense risks while navigating towards solutions.
- Ability to see the bigger picture. This person will understand the connections among all elements of a monitored solution. They will direct actions to ensure maximum client availability.
- Excellent communication skills. This person is an active listener and a fully engaged communicator. They will engage in projects and not wait for questions to be packaged up and delivered – but will actively participate in the projects assigned.
- Comfortable with uncertainty (and the certainty of change). This person can anticipate change and is willing to embrace uncertainty, confidently knowing that they can be patient and adapt.
- Execution orientated. This person has a strong sense of initiative and can define their path forward from a high-level vision.
- Authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future to work
- Experience managing supported Networks, Windows server Operating Systems and associated technologies
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation and perform night and weekend maintenance as necessary
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or support cases simultaneously
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships outside and within the organization
- Ability to complete tasks in both a professional and timely manner with minimal supervision
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Expert level in at least one of the Preferred Qualifications listed below
- 7+ years of experience working in Service Provider or Enterprise IT
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- VMware vSphere
- Data Center
- Server Hardware
- Storage, Backup, and Replication
- Network Design
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Exchange Server
- Active Directory and Services
- Cisco Security Products
- Meraki Firewalls
- Palo Alto
- Unified Communications
- Cisco Unified Communications Products
- Cisco APs and Wireless LAN Controllers
- Meraki Access Points
EDUCATION/VOCATIONAL/PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience
- Expert level certification(s), or equivalent experience
- Professional office environments
- Louis, Columbia, Springfield metro area, travel may be required
- Some travel may be required
ABOUT SECURE DATA
Secure Data Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.