SENIOR ACCOUNTANT – STL
CURRENT OPENING: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, ST. LOUIS, MO
At Secure Data Technologies, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients’ IT challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team in the St. Louis, MO area. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of the accounting department as well as working with senior leadership to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the operations department
- Review all company transactions for proper accounting and classification
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Generate services invoices based on customer contracts and employee time records
- Apply proper sales tax to transactions in multiple tax jurisdictions
- Update online 401(k) files and notify employees of account changes
- Calculate and enter monthly payroll commissions and bonuses
- Review all purchases and sales transactions for accuracy and completeness
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Liaise with our Controller to improve financial and operational procedures
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-5 years’ experience in general or public accounting
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Impeccable accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
ABOUT SECURE DATA
Secure Data Technologies offers excellent compensation and benefits packages commensurate with the skills and experience this position requires. If you’re interested in improving and exceeding your professional and financial career goals, and want to work with some of the industry’s best, contact us about joining our team.
Secure Data Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.