SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
CURRENT OPENING: SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
At Secure Data Technologies, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients’ IT challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Manager to join our team in the St. Louis, MO area. This individual will be responsible for business development, new account acquisition, achieving sales targets, and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction within an assigned territory. Important activities include anticipating customer needs by proactively gauging customer requirements, responding to customer requests, preparing proposals, and developing solutions from available offerings.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: SALES EXECUTION
- Execute sales strategy by identifying customer needs and selling the appropriate hardware and company services.
- Develop business through multiple marketing and sales techniques including but not limited to cold calling, conducting in person meetings, and partnering with vendors or manufactures.
- Maintain a targeted understanding of customers’ business showing the ability to establish customer needs, buying cycles, and creating strong relationships to effectively drive sales and repeat business.
- Meet or exceed annual sales top line revenue and margin goals as defined by management.
- Drive profitably and grow revenue for target accounts in partnership with inside sales team.
- Adhere to sales process including but not limited to pipeline development and accurate forecasting via internal tools.
- Performs extensive proposal writing and prepares sales information for customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Manage individual sales objectives to include sales orders and billing activities to support quarterly goals.
- Manage on-going customer account relationship to include updating account information in company systems and resolving customer satisfaction issues.
- Work with inside sales team to ensure that quotes are provided and order requests are processed accurately and with engineering team to accurately scope projects.
- Manage past due invoice resolution with accounting to ensure proper collections.
- Develop and maintain solid business relationships within the various decision-makers and influencers at all levels at each target account.
- Understand each target customer’s business model, map their organization and identify their unique technology needs.
STRATEGIC PLANNING & PRESENTATION
- Performs deep analysis of account base including “heat maps” to determine key areas of opportunities.
- Develop & execute marketing and business plans to drive revenue and profits.
- Work with sales leadership and team to provide feedback, develop specific vendor relationships, advance new company initiatives and mentor new employees to enhance all aspects of the sales strategy.
- Attends monthly/quarterly account planning/penetration sessions with our strategic manufacturing partners’ AMs.
- Presents a Quarterly Business Review (QBR) to Sales/Ops Manager each quarter which will focus on past performance and expectations of current quarter, analysis of pipeline, key wins, and personal improvement goals.
- Provide in-depth customer technology roadmap and collaboratively work with inside Account Manager to uncover new sales opportunities.
- Develop partnerships with Vendor Field Sales Representatives and optimize the joint selling opportunities within the territory.
- Use quarterly forecasting and pipeline management to manage sales growth.
- Collaborate on sales strategies, discuss account trends, advise changes within accounts and coordinate quotes and sales opportunities with Account Managers on an as-needed and weekly basis.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and five or more years of outside technology sales experience (customer facing). High performing SAMs have the demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles, achieve sales goals, and articulate ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings.
- Ability to reach expected sales quota the first 90 and 180 days of employment leveraging past experience and track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Excellent sales skills including proficiency of the English language, assertive, empathetic, flexible, strong customer service, active listener, persuasive, public speaker, polished presenter and service orientation focus.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with ability to build relationships, communicate product knowledge, and close deals quickly.
- Ability to solve problems, with critical thinking, judgment, and strong decision-making skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work closely and effectively with members across departments and at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record in developing new relationships with customers and ability to translate client business needs into solutions.
- Preferred candidate will have prior experience selling advance technology solutions for Cisco, Nimble, Tegile, Tenable and Zerto.
ABOUT SECURE DATA
Secure Data Technologies offers excellent compensation and benefits packages commensurate with the skills and experience this position requires. If you’re interested in improving and exceeding your professional and financial career goals, and want to work with some of the industry’s best, contact us about joining our team.
Secure Data Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.