ASSOCIATE DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
CURRENT JOB OPENING: Associate Desktop Support Specialist
The Associate Desktop Support Specialist Provide basic desktop support on a variety of issues through identification, research, and resolution of technical problems. Manage assigned helpdesk tickets and phone calls using best practices, excellent communications skills, and IT department procedures to perform technical support. Review and complete assigned tickets within established Service Level Agreements (SLA). Promote excellent customer relations in every customer transaction, contact and communication.
Passion for team building, collaboration, and achieving results in a highly competitive environment.
Demonstrated track record of successfully resolving technical issues.
Execution orientated. This person has a strong sense of initiative and can define their path forward from a high-level vision.
Excellent communication skills. This person is an active listener and a fully engaged communicator. They will engage in identifying practical customer solutions and will work collaboratively with team members, clients, and partners to achieve successful outcomes.
Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of customer needs and wants, leveraging a deep understanding of IT department procedures and technical strategies.
Comfortable with uncertainty (and the certainty of change). This person can anticipate change and is willing to embrace uncertainty, confidently knowing that they can be patient and adapt.
- Perform general technical support and troubleshooting of desktop systems hardware and software, printers, multi-function printers, scanners, video conferencing systems, mobile devices and other technologies as defined and required.
- Investigate system issues and provide solutions using specific product knowledge, system tools and established methods and procedures. Document solutions and maintain helpdesk ticket information and transactions as required and within established SLA.
- Work with customer to refine desktop configurations. Plan, test and implement new or revised desktop solutions.
- Work with the team to resolve low level hardware and software issues.
- Resolve basic problems, provide remote assistance, document, and manage tickets as call load dictates and within defined SLA.
- Participate in desktop, peripheral, building moves, additions, support, and other projects as defined and required.
- Maintain accurate hardware and software inventories.
- Complete assigned project task of low to medium complexity resulting in successful, on time, high quality deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical understanding of the Internet, URLs, and email. Knowledge with common enterprise infrastructure protocols and services including LAN/WAN, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPN, networking, and Voice over IP
- Knowledge with using Windows OS, Mac OSX, Apple iOS, and Android mobile operating systems
- Knowledge with video conference tools
- Understanding of PC hardware, IP Phones, Video conferencing, & physical network connectivity
- Understanding of Antivirus software
- Understanding of Bitlocker Encryption
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
ABOUT SECURE DATA
Secure Data Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.