CONSULTING SYSTEM ENGINEER – NETWORK
CURRENT OPENING: CONSULTING SYSTEM ENGINEER – NETWORK
Secure Data Technologies is actively seeking exceptional individuals with experience in advanced technologies. You will participate in diverse and challenging engagements at client sites. The job responsibilities will vary based on the project scope and deliverables. Successful engineers are able to adapt quickly to changing technical and professional environments. Secure Data Technologies is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about emerging technologies and excited about the opportunity to work for industry-leading organizations!
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 2-5 years experience working with Cisco technologies including; Routing/Switching, Unified Communications, Wireless, Security and Data Center design set up and/or operations
- Ability to execute in a methodical manner to gather, document, and present specific customer requirements as well as articulate technical solutions
- Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills regarding technical and non-technical concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish professional working relationships with varying levels of both business and technical personnel
- Self-directed to complete tasks in both a professional and timely manner with minimal supervision
- A demonstrated history of delivering exceptional customer service
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity
- Assists customers in troubleshooting hardware/software related issues on various platforms
- Candidates must be willing to be on call (in rotation with other team members) including night and weekends to support customer environments after hours. Night and weekend work will occur
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Solid understanding of network design and implementation in small to enterprise sized environments
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with Routing/Switching across Cisco platforms
- Comprehension of networking concepts including network design principles, data flow determination, routing, switching, VLANs, IP addressing, spanning-tree, etc.
- Understanding of advanced networking technologies and solutions including IPV6, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, OSPF, multicast, policy-based routing, ether-channel, QoS, traffic-shaping, load balancing, VPN tunnels, WAN Optimization, etc.
- Cisco ASA and SourceFire experience required
- Understanding of advanced data center networking technologies and solutions including Nexus series data center switches, catalyst series switches, and WAN routers,
- Demonstrated performance in a technical work environment with minimum of 2- 5 years of direct industry experience as described above
- Experience with enterprise class network management/monitoring systems is a plus (Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, Opsware, HP Openview, etc.)
- Experience with performance management tools and services (WAAS, WCCP, SilverPeak, etc.) is a plus
- Wireless – Familiarity with both lightweight and autonomous AP configuration and WLC experience a plus
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred accompanied with designated certifications. Candidates should have a desire to gain technical skills through advanced certifications (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE) or other similar achievements.
- CCNP Certification is preferred
- Cisco certifications or equivalent experience is required
ABOUT SECURE DATA
Secure Data Technologies offers excellent compensation and benefits packages commensurate with the skills and experience this position requires. If you’re interested in improving and exceeding your professional and financial career goals, and want to work with some of the industry’s best, contact us about joining our team.
Secure Data Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.