CONSULTING SYSTEM ENGINEER – DATA CENTER
CURRENT OPENING: CONSULTING SYSTEM ENGINEER – DATA CENTER
Secure Data Technologies is actively seeking exceptional individuals with experience in advanced technologies. You will participate in diverse and challenging engagements at client sites. The job responsibilities will vary based on the project scope and deliverables. Successful engineers are able to adapt quickly to changing technical and professional environments. Secure Data Technologies is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about emerging technologies and excited about the opportunity to work for industry-leading organizations!
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 2-5 years experience working with Cisco technologies including; Routing/Switching and Data Center design set up and/or operations
- Ability to execute in a methodical manner to gather, document, and present specific customer requirements as well as articulate technical solutions
- Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills regarding technical and non-technical concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish professional working relationships with varying levels of both business and technical personnel
- Self-directed to complete tasks in both a professional and timely manner with minimal supervision
- A demonstrated history of delivering exceptional customer service
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity
- Assists customers in troubleshooting hardware/software related issues on various platforms
- Candidates must be willing to be on call (in rotation with other team members) including night and weekends to support customer environments after hours. Night and weekend work will occur
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Strong onsite and remote troubleshooting skills
Experience in Cisco software and/or hardware, testing and implementation.
Ability to apply Cisco solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity.
Knowledge of various Cisco Data Center technologies including Cisco’s Unified Computing System (UCS B and C Series), Nexus series switching, MDS Storage switching products.
Knowledge of Cisco Unified Computing, Cisco Unified Fabric and Cisco Unified Management product lines.
Experience in working with the following technologies: Virtualization (Hypervisors: VMware, HyperV, Citrix), x86 Computing Architecture, Operating Systems (Windows, Red Hat, OEL, and Other Linux), VEEAM
Experience in working with storage protocols NFS, iSCSI, FCoE, SMB, and CIFS
Experience with Storage Systems (Nimble, Tegile, EMC, NetApp) is a plus.
Experience with Microsoft Applications is a plus.
Strong customer service orientation.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Strong written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills
Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
Ability to perform tasks with minor supervision.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred accompanied with designated certifications. Candidates should have a desire to gain technical skills through advanced certifications (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE) or other similar achievements.
- CCNP/CCNP-Data Center Certification is preferred
- Cisco certifications or equivalent experience is required
ABOUT SECURE DATA
Secure Data Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.